Recruiters Fill 70% Of Accountancy Hires
Research undertaken by recruitment agency Barden has found that in over 70% of accountancy job searches, it is a specialist recruiter that finds job seekers their next career opportunity.
Barden is a startup accounting and finance recruitment practice lead by Ed Heffernan, Elaine Brady and Sandra Quinn ACA. They have 25 years combined experience in Ireland and internationally.
The Barden survey was conducted over a three month period with a sample of 1,000 people working in finance, accounting and HR sectors. The response rate was not disclosed.
The main findings:
• 76% of accounting and finance community use recruitment companies while looking for a new role.
• 67% of internal hiring managers/ HR departments use recruitment companies when looking to hire in accounting and finance.
• Jobs Boards (9%) and Social Media (4%) impact on successful search.
Sixty per cent of respondents surveyed rated the level of service received from a recruitment consultant as good or fair.
The research asked respondents to describe their experiences of recruitment/ recruiter liaison with the feedback uncovering low satisfaction rates and respondents recounting aspects and behaviour of recruitment consultants that they disliked the most:
• Being pushy/”salesie” (37%)
• Being misleading or uninformed (22%)
• Not listening to candidates requirements (19%)
• Not delivering on promises- overselling and under delivering (18%)
And what they would like the most from their recruitment consultant?
• Listen and understand requirements (23%)
• Informed advice and support (21%)
• Communicate with honesty and frankness (20%)
Partner Elaine Brady commented: “Our mission is to provide a unique and first class service, which in turn we hope will raise the bar for the entire sector, ensuring that those in the business of finance and accounting will enjoy a positive experience from their recruitment partner in the future.” (September 2014)