UPC Phone Customers Up 22%
UPC Ireland has announced Q2 2014 results, with digital TV, high-speed Internet and voice subscriptions increased by 7,600 to 1,091,600 subscriptions on Q1 and up 70,100 year-on-year.
Carol Grennan (pictured), CFO of UPC Ireland said: ““UPC is by far Ireland's most competitive provider of fibre powered broadband, phone and digital TV. We're constantly enhancing the range of content and choice available for our customers.
"This is reflected in the high take-up of our Horizon TV home entertainment platform which has achieved over 85,000 subscriptions and this now represents more than a quarter of our digital cable customers.”
Second Quarter Highlights
• UPC will become a mobile operator during 2015, after signing an MVNO agreement with Three.
• UPC and CoderDojo have teamed up to launch more Dojos in Ireland and across Europe, contributing to early stage digital skills development.
• UPC launched its new Horizon Buzz App for Facebook, enabling customers to record all their favourite TV shows and catch-up on TV trends through Facebook.
• 352,300 broadband customers
• 10% year-on-year quarterly growth in broadband subscriptions
• 324,500 phone customers
• 22% year-on-year quarterly growth in home phone subscriptions
• 336,700 digital cable TV customers
• 0.3% year-on-year quarterly growth in digital cable TV subscriptions.